Extended in 1999, The Alciston and Selmeston Village Hall hosts wedding receptions and private events throughout the year as well as a local calendar of village gatherings.
Located right next to the South Downs and opposite the cricket field, the village hall is perfect for celebrating a special occasion. There is a large stage, full size kitchen, storage room, doors out to the terrace, solid floors and vaulted ceilings. Capacity: 100 seated
The idea of a Village Hall was to encourage the social and intellectual life of both Alciston and Selmeston villages. In 1933 fundraising began with local donations and the residents of both parishes levied three pence a week as a contribution to this fund.
In July 1935, the Alciston and Selmeston village hall was opened with an address by John Maynard Keynes to a crowded field of people. The dedication of Hugh Stacey, A J Mockford and all the local residents at that time who lobbied and raised funds has enabled future generations to continue to enjoy the hall.