With thanks to Tilton House
With thanks to Tilton House

Tilton House

Tilton House lies just within the parish border (Tilton Farm being part of Alciston). Domesday Book reveals that William de Cahaignes held two hides (approximately 240 acres) there, as well as owning Sherrington Manor. Tilton House was at one time the home of the economist John Maynard Keynes (1833-1946) whose name derives from that of de Cahaignes. The picture below shows Keynes with his Russian wife ,the ballerina Lydia Lopokova (1892- 1981).

TUkeynesP5

Leave a Reply